Here's a document I found somewhere and saved in my "apologetics" file. I'm sorry to say I did not make a note of the source, and a search this morning turned up nothing. If you know where it came from, let me know so I can give credit where it's due.
In the meantime, here are some excellent ways to encourage others to think about eternity.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Where do we come from?
- Where are we going?
- If life has no meaning, why are we having this discussion?
- Are you OK with your 60, 70 or 80 years of life having no meaning?
- What are your feelings or perceptions about the deaths of men like Adolph Hitler, Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden or Christopher Hutchens?
- When Princess Diana died in 1997, the world said “we will never forget you." When was the last time that you thought of Princess Di?
- What is the standard by which you determine truth?
- On what basis do you think my killing you is wrong? Are you intolerant of my choice to kill you, when I’m perfectly fine with it in my value system?
- Should a democratic vote of the majority legislate ethical choice? If so, how would you react to being “voted off the planet”?
- If you subscribe to “survival of the fittest,” why do you object to killing of baby seals (snail darter, spotted owl, etc.)?
- If you object to me eating meat, is it wrong for carnivores to eat their prey too?
- How might love, compassion and empathy have come about?
- Is there any evolutionary advantage to seedless watermelons? Can sterility really be hereditary?
- Are you a religious person?
- What was your religious upbringing?
- What do you understand the beliefs of Christianity to be?
- In your view what is the main problem in the world today?
- What do you think is the solution?
- If you were to die today, are you sure you would go to heaven, or is that something you are still working on?
- If you died and God asked you, “Why should I let you in to my heaven?” what would you say?
22. Is the material world all there is?
23. What do you think God is like?
24. Do you believe in the supernatural? Is it both good and evil?
25. What really happens after we die? What if you're wrong?
26. Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not?
27. What would you like to have engraved on your tombstone, and why?
28. If you could live your life all over again, what would you change?
29. Have you accomplished the purposes for which you were created?
30. If your doctor said you had only a week to live, how would you spend it?