The songs are organized into four groups, each to be introduced by a reading based on an essay by Dr. John D. Morris of the Institute for Creation Research.
First, we’ll sing about what the Lord Jesus Christ has done for us, with:
- A “glory in the cross” medley that includes Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross, The Old Rugged Cross, and Alas and Did My Savior Bleed
- Another medley featuring Beneath the Cross of Jesus, When I Survey the Wondrous Cross and In the Cross of Christ I Glory
Next, we’ll consider what His work on the cross means to us today, in this life, with these hymns:
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- All the Way My Savior Leads Me
- Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
- Sweet Hour of Prayer
- In the Garden, with Moment by Moment
We’ll then sing some of my very favorite hymns, each giving us a preview of what the cross means to the believer for all eternity:
- Sweet Beulah Land
- It Is Not Death To Die
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Beyond the Sunset
Finally, we’ll finish with the only logical response to all of this: praise!
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- How Great Thou Art
What an hour of worship it promises to be!